[MEncoder-users] Opening Local SDP files with mencoder

Ben Barker ben at bbarker.co.uk
Mon Feb 3 22:31:12 CET 2014

I have an installed version of mencoder where I can open an SDP file using:

mencoder sdp://test.sdp -fps 25 -ovc lavc -o test.mp4

The version installed is:

Encoder SVN-r36450-snapshot-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2013

I have just tried the same with the latest version from the repositories
- MEncoder SVN-r36784-4.1.2 - which I have built from source with no
obvious problems.

This however gives me:

No stream found to handle url sdp://test.sdp

Has the ability to join a stream via a lcoal SDP file been lost in this
newer release, or just changed....?