[MEncoder-users] Out of sync audio after 'cleaning' a TS stream

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Apr 6 18:02:53 CEST 2014

On Sun, Apr 06, 2014 at 11:27:04AM -0400, Richard Lemieux wrote:
> "you are writing an avi".  After reading your reply I checked and you are
> right.  The output container format is AVI and not TS as I expected.  My
> copy of 'mencoder' does not have TS as an available output format.

I would expect it has, via -of lavf.
However I would strongly recommend against it.
For anything except live broadcast TS is a horribly crappy format.
Well, probably it even is not really good for live broadcast either,
but for any non-broadcast use basically _any_ format is significantly
better.
It just would be better to not name it .ts when it is an AVI.