[MEncoder-users] Scaling quality

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 10:49:40 CET 2013

 Things MEncoder can do that ffmpeg can, are among others

- Encode directly from a VCD, DVD or Blu-ray disc
- MPEG muxer has support for soft-telecine including frame rate flagging
- EDL stuff

Until ffmpeg gets all of the above, I'm sticking to MEncoder. I don't care
how unmaintained it is. As long as it keeps working and I have no issues
with it and it can do what I need it to do, I'm very fine with it