[MEncoder-users] Scaling quality

Steven Miller srmj.ml at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 20:09:05 CET 2013

No I didn't realize they are one in the same. Perhaps a better way to have
put it would have been to say that the mplayer/mencdoer user lists seemed
to be a more comfortable environment in which to learn. Hence my asking a
rather vague question here :-). In the end I am extremely grateful for both
projects. I've seen some pretty high price tags on much less capable
software.

Back to my initial question, I vaguely remember this topic coming up in the
past. I've searched my usual haunts with no luck. If I remember correctly,
the general consensus was that the quality loss was less on the y. The
reason is what I was hoping to find.. or re-find rather. These days I take
a good deal more notes.

Thoughts? Speculations?

Steven