[MEncoder-users] Scaling quality

Steven Miller srmj.ml at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 23:34:42 CET 2013

Thanks much for the info. mencoder has been in my toolbox since day one and
I'll continue to use it. I'm not knocking the ffmpeg folks. They've made a
great contribution, the backbone of a lot of projects and a powerful tool
on it's own, but it's a shame to effort didn't go to mencoder. ffmpeg's
documentation doesn't even compare with the docs for mencoder. I've been on
the ffmpeg mailing list for sometime and the devs can be rather dismissive
with their "read the source" attitude. While I know C and can usually
muddle my way thru, the users who don't write code must feel pretty put out
with "read the source". I don't think I've ever seen that response with
mplayer/mencoder.

thanks again for your time.

Cheers,
Steve