[MEncoder-users] Video + Audio out of sync

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 19 07:02:27 CEST 2013

On 5/17/13 2:57 PM, "Malte Schünemann" <malte.schuenemann at web.de> wrote:

>I am converting videos downloaded via SAT recorder into a DVD-compatible
>format (mpg). On one of my viodeos, I find video + audio to gradually
>get out of sync by >60 sec within minutes. The original plays well with
>mplayer, but any result of mencoder (even when copying the streams) show
>the symptom described.
>
>midentify does not show any difference to other videos that work fine.
>
>How can I track further / resolve the problem ?
>
>Malte

I really think these problems are often related to pullup conversion from
~60 fps telecined content. The -mc 0 and -noskip options are often needed
along with the pullup method. I might be able to help if you'll share a
video excerpt using Dropbox or something. I'm also in the process of
learning to use ffmpeg rather than MEncoder to make this kind of
conversion, but I'm not there yet.

Laine Lee