[MEncoder-users] Audio encoder requires unknown or unsupported input format

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jun 26 15:29:42 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 12:42:16 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> ResQue <resque1980 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > So what i thought i would do is update to the
> > latest version of mencoder ("mplayer-svn-36350.7z")
>
> Given that MEncoder is not an actively maintained
> application for several years, I suggest you ask
> the makers of Playstation Media Server to switch
> to FFmpeg.

If the talk is of "PS3 Media Server", or the alledgedly better
"Universal Media Server" (from http://www.spirton.com/), they of course
already support several video file engines: MEncoder,
AviSynth/MEncoder, tsMuxeR, FFmpeg, AviSynth/FFmpeg. Note at the bottom
of the "Transcoding Settings": "Engines are in descending order; the
highest is first". Just bump FFmpeg to the top and try again. :-)

Universal Media Server tries to build more up-to-date versions of
FFmpeg for its package, IIUC. Do try that as well.

Moritz