[MEncoder-users] real time output to rtmp

Claudiu Rad-Lohanel jazzman at misalpina.net
Tue Jun 18 14:57:44 CEST 2013

On 6/18/2013 3:14 PM, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 14:09:10 +0300, Claudiu Rad-Lohanel wrote:
>> On 6/18/2013 1:04 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>>> Please consider providing this sample if it
>>> is not supported by FFmpeg.
>> i've posted before, that file can be retrieved from here
>> http://we.tl/159AeCvmsm
> ffprobe says:
> [vc1 @ 0x97392e0] Progressive Segmented Frame mode: not supported (yet)
>
> Does mencoder have its own VC-1 decoder? Or is this a demuxer feature?
>
> Moritz

from my understanding no, but menconder has this binary codec package
available that contains wvc1dmod.dll, a microsoft decoder for Windows
Media Video 9 Advanced Profile. this is the great thing, mencoder can
use that to decode the provided sample. once decoded, i can reencode /
pipe it and do whatever i need. ffmpeg unfortunately doesn't support
something like this, it even refuses to do it according to
http://ffmpeg.org/faq.html#FFmpeg-does-not-support-codec-XXX_002e-Can-you-include-a-Windows-DLL-loader-to-support-it_003f

it would be great indeed if ffmpeg's VC-1 decoder would support wvc1
advanced properly, i wouldn't need mencoder anymore in the tool chain
AND i could do the processing in linux.

--
jazzman