[MEncoder-users] MEncoder Creating "Snip-Its" of Audio, Video, and Subtitle files

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jun 14 00:58:39 CEST 2013

Christopher Hunt <chunt102783 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> FFMPEG does not support these subtitle formats so
> it would be more a feature request than a bug report...

[...]

Some random comments / brain-storms since they
apparently are not obvious:

On all user mailing lists (FFmpeg and MPlayer), only
unpatched sources are supported.

All reproducible bug reports are welcome, ie if
either FFmpeg or MPlayer do not build out-of-the-box
on an operating system, please report it!
(Of course, fixing it is even more welcome, but see
the next point.)

Please send all patches / changes to the developer
mailing lists. Even if the patches are not
accepted (for whatever reason), I cannot imagine a
more logical place for them to be archived.
(Consider using appropriate subjects if the
patches are not meant for an inclusion like
"HACK".)

Please send unusual samples (like unsupported
subtitle streams) to us, again, supporting them
through a patch is of course preferred, but
keeping both the samples and the patches in
your private collection is not what we would
expect from users of open-source software.

Sorry if you don't find me helpful, Carl Eugen