[MEncoder-users] MEncoder Creating "Snip-Its" of Audio, Video, and Subtitle files

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Jun 11 20:06:01 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 01:03:45PM -0400, Christopher Hunt wrote:
> It would be preferable that all this was done in a single step (ideally
> through MEncoder) but as I need the ffmpeg muxer to create a valid
> QuickTime file as the output and MEncoder's use of -of lavf option is
> broken I can't.

Are you sure it still is? There are possibly issues in corner-cases,
but I think that -of lavf should actually be working (though just making
all steps together work in FFmpeg would be the better solution).
I am not really sure that seeking in the audio file together with copy
will result in a valid file.
I would also suggest to try -genpts with your FFmpeg command-lines.