[MEncoder-users] mencoder asks to "use -absf aac_adtstoasc" - but -absf is an unknown option

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Wed Aug 21 02:27:35 CEST 2013

Jan Ehrhardt in gmane.comp.video.mencoder.user (Wed, 21 Aug 2013
01:53:45 +0200):

I took a better look at Carl Eugen's patch and I have to rephrase this:

Your commandline fails when you try to encode -oac faac. Before
30/03/2013 the error was not issued when someone tried to encode "from
x264 or from bytestream h264" (quote from the patch) and some additional
conditions.

Since you are using mpeg files as input, maybe you will still run into
the error with the original FFmpeg 1.2 compiled into MEncoder. Try it or
leave it.

Jan