[MEncoder-users] mencoder asks to "use -absf aac_adtstoasc" - but -absf is an unknown option

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Mon Aug 19 01:01:57 CEST 2013

Nicolas George in gmane.comp.video.mencoder.user (Sun, 18 Aug 2013
20:28:17 +0200):
>Le primidi 1er fructidor, an CCXXI, Jan Ehrhardt a écrit :
>> I always patch ffmpeg/libavformat/movenc.c as follows, because I once
>> ran into the same error. The patch is for FFmpeg 2.0, but the idea is clear:
>
>Are you sure you are not producing files that are invalid and will only play
>with MPlayer and cousins that way?

They played fine with VLC and streaming from Wowza to Flash. I do not
have an example anymore, so I cannot demonstrate it. Or maybe I still
have examples, but they do not fail because of my patch.

The topic starter now has some examples, so let us hope he can find out
what happens if he makes the error not fatal anymore.

Jan