[MEncoder-users] Help with mencoder

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Apr 27 18:34:16 CEST 2013

JD <jd1008 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> $ mencoder Zachar*.flv -vf format=rgb32,dsize=4/3,scale=-1:-2
> -ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=8000,format=dvd -oac mp3lame
> -lameopts preset=insane -o Zach_all.avi

Since you apparently don't konw:
MEncoder is not an actively maintained application
for several years, it should be possible to do
above encoding with current FFmpeg, please report
(on ffmpeg-user) if it does not work!
(There are still features of MEncoder that do not
work with FFmpeg but I don't see any of them above.)

> MEncoder svn r34540 (Ubuntu)

Unfortunately, this is not MEncoder but an
intentionally broken version that contains many
known bugs not present in (real) MEncoder, some
apparently security relevant, please understand
that we therefore cannot support it here.

> libavformat version 53.32.100 (external)
> Mismatching header version 53.19.0

This probably makes it worse.

Generally, I don't think it is a good idea to
continue old threads that were inactive for
over two years;-)

Carl Eugen