[MEncoder-users] FFmpeg inverse telecine

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 16 21:35:05 CEST 2013

On 4/16/13 2:28 PM, "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

>L. Lee <llee040 <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> I get:
>>
>> No such filter: 'fieldmatch'
>
>Whenever reporting problems, no matter if with MPlayer,
>FFmpeg or MEncoder, always provide your failing command
>line together with the complete, uncut console output,
>do not post one line of the console output.
>
>> Can you point me in the right direction? I compiled
>> ffmpeg this morning, but do I need to build it a
>> particular way to include "fieldmatch" among
>> available filters
>
>No, the filter is enabled by default.
>
>Carl Eugen

I'm not sure why, but I had another idea, and it started working after I
configured with --enable-filter=fieldmatch. But I haven't found the right
way to use it yet. I got pretty good results from the following except
that sync was considerably off even for the short durations I tested. I
had to completely remove decimate from the suggested filtergraph. I'll
probably try some more using presets. All suggestions are welcomed.

ffmpeg -i inputfile -vf "fieldmatch=order=tff:combmatch=full,
yadif=deint=interlaced" -vcodec libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -b:v 1900k
-maxrate 3500k -bufsize 5097k -i_qfactor 0.71 -g 15 -qmin 1 -qmax 45 -r
23.976 -s 1280x720 -aspect 16:9 -trellis 2 -threads auto outfile.mp4

Laine Lee