[MEncoder-users] Is it possible transcode a MTS file created by Sony DV using mencoder?

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Thu Sep 20 13:54:04 CEST 2012

Reimar Döffinger in gmane.comp.video.mencoder.user (Sat, 15 Sep 2012
20:46:26 +0200):
>On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 06:09:12PM +0800, littlebat wrote:
>> [0:0] [matroska @ 0x8b6da60]pts (1000) < dts (1040) in stream 0 Error
>
>Should be fixed in SVN r35199 but it seems to me there are issues with
>the audio time stamps.

Are you referring to the audio time stamps of the source file? With
-ofps 25 littlebat's video transcodes fine.

Or do you mean that MEncoder has issues with the way it handles audio
time stamps. I seem to be experiencing those, but will open a separate
thread on this subject.

Jan