[MEncoder-users] Sound problem when transcoding and joining 2 mpg-files

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Tue Oct 23 17:03:58 CEST 2012

Jan Ehrhardt in gmane.comp.video.mencoder.user (Thu, 20 Sep 2012
17:36:27 +0200):
>Moreover: ASFbin works for knitting WMV-files, FLVbind for knitting
>FLV-files and MP4box for knitting MP4-files. But MP4box is terribly slow
>when working on SD cards (it takes much longer than a transcode) and our
>project requires that the sensitive videos do not use HD-space (not even
>for temporary files). We want to switch to MP4 (x264/aac), which will
>break solution 3. I will file an issue concerning MP4Box at the GPac
>developers, but for the moment only sticking with the old MEncoder is
>left open after we switch to MP4-files.

For those interested: the GPAC developers have solved the speed issues
with MP4Box on SD cards in revision 4197. The discussion with them:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpac/forums/forum/287547/topic/5854039
Kudos to Jean Le Feuvre.

Jan