[MEncoder-users] M4V to WMV out of sync

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon May 7 14:01:54 CEST 2012

Wietze <wietzuh <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The ffmpeg command you give, transcodes almost correctly.
> There is only a slightly difference in A-V at the end
> (of a 50 minutes sample).

Please provide complete, uncut (FFmpeg) console output
(preferably on ffmpeg-user) and a sample.

> However, the output is a MS-MPEG-4v3/WMA while I want
> a WMV/WMA as output.

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -qscale 2 -r 25 -vcodec wmv2 output.wmv

Please allow me to repeat the following:
MEncoder is using the same library as FFmpeg to encode
(libavcodec), the difference is that FFmpeg is an actively
maintained application, MEncoder is not (for several
years).
There still are tasks that cannot be done with FFmpeg
(but with MEncoder), but the list is getting smaller and
encoding to wmv was never part of the list.

Carl Eugen