[MEncoder-users] Transcode to 30 fps yields regular frame repeat pattern

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 5 05:51:43 CEST 2012

I used my typical pullup routine on a 60 fps interlaced video that resulted
in lots of duplicate frames, so I suspected faulty telecining for the
source. Next I tried feeding it to ffmpeg specifying -r 29.97 and
-deinterlace. I expected to see duplicates of every 5th frame, but what I
found was a pattern of thirteen with duplicates at 5, 10, and 13. Does that
identify the original frame rate of the source video? Normally the sources I
capture are originally 24 fps, what could the original frame rate of this
source be? Thanks.

Laine Lee