[MEncoder-users] insert subtitles to a video with a fps different from the original one.

Rossana Guerra guerra.rossana at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 06:20:44 CEST 2012

Hello everyone, this is the situation. I have an avi file with its
asociated srt. I had to 'enhace' the video to a higher fps (from 25 to 30
fps).
In order to the subititles got accordingly set into the video I did the
following:

(Ubuntu 12.04)

mencoder outlogov1.avi -sub video1.srt -oac copy -ovc lavc -o
outlogov1srt.avi -subcp latin1 -font /usr/share/fonts/msttcore/arial.ttf
-subfont-text-scale 2.8  -ofps 30

Is it necesary?
Is it right?

I appreciate any suggestion if I am missing or I have to improve something.
Thanks and regards

Rossana