[MEncoder-users] concatenate two avi files

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 19 06:50:10 CEST 2012

On 06/18/2012 06:21 PM, Rossana Guerra wrote:

> Hi every one, I have 2 avi files (videos) I need to concatenate them, but it
> isn't possible, because different audio codecs.

I presume your question is how to do it anyway?

The simplest way I know of, using only MEncoder, is to convert both files to
have the same audio codec details and then concatenate the results. In the most
basic form, something like:

mencoder -ovc copy -oac mp3lame -o outcom1-2.avi outcom1.avi
mencoder -ovc copy -oac mp3lame -o outcom2-2.avi outcom2.avi
mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -o outcom12.avi outcom1-2.avi outcom2-2.avi

Might not be the only or even the best way to do it, but I think it should work.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
   - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger