[MEncoder-users] duplicate frames - shortening video?

Steven Miller srmj.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 23:10:48 CEST 2012

My apologies if this has been further addressed. My inbox was damaged and I
believe I lost a few emails.

Have you tested the source? Is all well on that end? Couple of things,

     What is the source video codec?
     Is the video  and or audio cbr or vbr or a mix (if mixing the two is
even possible).
     Are you sure on the frame rate?
     Is it telecene? If so I believe there are instances where attempting
to set the frame rate could be ignored during encoding without addressing
the telecine.
     If it were telecine, a filter combo something like '-vf
pullup,softskip,harddup' would be needed.

I see your recompressing audio. Going from mp3 to mp3. Perhaps you can use
'-oac copy' for the encoding portion. Then using mplayer go back to the
original source file, '-ao pcm:waveheader:file=foo.wav'. Once you have your
wav file, use lame to rencode the audio.

Demux the video using the tool(s) of choice. Then remux the video and audio.

A very round about way to do it, but it's worked for me a number of times.

Either way I'm betting '-ofps' will most likely be needed to address the
'Duplicate Frame' messages.

Again, I apologize if I've missed a resolution or am asking already
answered questions.

Steve