[MEncoder-users] Pullup problem for stubborn recording

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 10 20:29:44 CEST 2012

On 7/10/12 11:58 AM, "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> L. Lee <llee040 <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> It was more like somebody already converted the telecined
>> video without performing any pullup, so what remained were
>> progressive snapshots of half the interlaced frames which
>> were being doubled and played back at 59.94 fps.
>
> That is what I suspect.
>
>> Anyway, I guess I need to learn to do these things with ffmpeg.
>
> Unfortunately, pullup is not yet possible with ffmpeg;-(

Thanks, Carl Eugen. Another alternative is HandBrake, and I can make some
pretty robust conversions with it, it's just that when I do, I can't slap
the output into iTunes and instantly send it over to an iPhone or an iPad.
It's as though as soon as iTunes sees 24 fps for the HandBrake output, it
gives up.  But I don't have any trouble doing that with my MEncoder 24 fps
output, so the failure must be the result of something other than the
difference in frame rate.

Laine Lee