[MEncoder-users] some minutes delay between audio and video

Bill Crockett wsc4 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jan 6 13:16:55 CET 2012

On 6/01/2012 12:39 AM, Malte Schünemann wrote:

> Many thanks for suggestions. However, my scenario appears to be
> different. Without EDL I do not have this problem ... and if I use a
> EDL, the delay in in the range of minutes and cannot be adjusted via
> option -delay. I tried your cmd line, and the situation remained
> unchanged.
>
> Malte

Update to my last post which would not have helped:

You are correct!  I constructed a short mpeg-ts and set up an EDL file
to cut out a section of the video.  Using -edl file.edl and
-hr-edl-seek, the video and audio were out by 10's of seconds after the
encode.  I tried adjusting the options every which way, but it made no
difference.  I should have tried this in the first place instead of
sending posts that had nothing to do with it, sorry.

Were you able to do these EDL cuts before on mpeg-ts files without a
problem?   What SVN are you using now?

Thanks,  Bill