[MEncoder-users] ffmpeg 0.9 Difficulties (was: How to transcode MTS files recorded by Panasonic HDC-SD100 camera?)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Feb 17 20:28:14 CET 2012

R.L. Horn <lists <at> eastcheap.org> writes:

> >> (however, I've had problems recently with git versions...most
> >> notably an utter inability to decode H264)
> >
> > Are you really sure you posted this to ffmpeg-user or trac?
>
> I'm quite sure I didn't.  I don't follow ffmpeg-user for a start.

If you want a FFmpeg bug fixed (one that is reproducible with
ffmpeg or ffplay), you will have to inform the FFmpeg developers.

> What I was trying to do was get a new mplayer built.  I tried
> a few git ffmpegs over two or three days (just letting the
> configure script grab them) without success,

Otoh, if you want a problem fixed that is reproducible with MPlayer,
then please report it on mplayer-users (or here).
(I don't know the problem you are reporting and I do regularly test
MPlayer. Are you sure you did "svn up && ./configure && make"?)

> then, eventually, managed to make it work by building against
> the old 0.9 release.

This is not supported and ...

> Even then, I had to correct some nonsensical #ifdefs in the
> ffmpeg source.

will most certainly break soon without allowing such an easy fix.

Carl Eugen