[MEncoder-users] How to transcode MTS files recorded by Panasonic HDC-SD100 camera?

Marton Sigmond marton_sigmond at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 21:12:30 CET 2012

That is above 80 FPS.

Following command is executed at 39 FPS:
ffmpeg -threads 1 -i %out -f null -s vga -aspect 16:9 -

This one is 42 FPS:
ffmpeg -threads 1 -i %out -f null -r 25 -

However when I combine the two it is only 19 FPS:
ffmpeg -threads 1 -i %out -f null -r 25 -s vga -aspect 16:9 -

Is it possible to run multiple ffmpeg instances in cascade (redirecting the output of one into the input of the next one)?
I suppose each instance would naturally be running on a different CPU core.
One could decode the input stream and convert to 25 fps (1), a second one could resize the stream (2), and a third one could encode the final mpeg stream.

Or is there a mencoder alternative that automagically achieve this?

Best regards,
Marton