[MEncoder-users] How to transcode MTS files recorded by Panasonic HDC-SD100 camera?

Marton Sigmond marton_sigmond at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 21:18:48 CET 2012

Hi Carl Eugen,

I applied all suggested changes, but I still cannot reach higher than 16 FPS.
This is my CPU: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Athlon%20II%20X4%20631%20-%20AD631XWNZ43GX%20(AD631XWNGXBOX).html

I believe a single 2.6 GHz core should be able to decode the stream (1920x1080 at 50FPS), and another one to encode it.
So the 4 cores should be more, than enough.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am thinking about the following questions:
- Is there a more robust tool than ffmpeg?
- Am I using wrong parameters for ffmpeg?
- Is this hardware not strong enough to do the job?

I appreciate any suggestion.

Best regards,
Marton