[MEncoder-users] MEncoder skips duplicate frames even with -vf harddup and -noskip

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 3 18:04:34 CET 2012

On 12/03/2012 11:40 AM, Peter wrote:

> On 2012-12-03 11:13 AM, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> It's possible that adding that would have fixed your problem, but I agree
>> that in most cases FFmpeg is the better solution for the future.
>
> I used to be a MEncoder hold-out because MEncoder had features that FFmpeg
> simply couldn't do: two that come to mind were interlace-aware scaling, and
> the ability to change the speed of a movie (FFmpeg would always compensate
> for anything you changed by inserting or dropping frames to keep the timing
> "right" even if you didn't want that) but gradually, every facility has been
> implemented in FFmpeg, and I don't need MEncoder any more. Oh, a third one
> too, "YADIF" - now also available in FFmpeg.

The one thing that used to keep me using MEncoder was dvdnav:// support, but
ISTR that that or some equivalent is available in FFmpeg now too. (Though I
don't see it at a glance.)

--
    The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
   - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger