[MEncoder-users] improving performance - general questions

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Aug 19 09:41:37 CEST 2012

Rossana Guerra <guerra.rossana <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry, I didn'y understand very well, maybe is my english

> and because I am totally new with mencoder.

Just to make sure you know:
MEncoder is not actively maintained for several years,
for all typical tasks you should use FFmpeg (which is
actively maintained software).
Unfortunately there are still things that MEncoder can
do but FFmpeg can't but burning subtitles on videos
was implemented a few days ago in FFmpeg iirc.

And unrelated to above:
On all mailing lists (ffmpeg-user, mplayer-users and
here), you are expected to post your command line
together with complete, uncut console output.
Without it, it is very likely that the answer you
get is missing the most important things.

Carl Eugen