[MEncoder-users] Building MPlayer-MEncoder on Mac OS X since gcc 4.2 no longer works

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 26 07:31:30 CEST 2011

I tried to compile latest SVN MPlayer/MEncoder in Lion for the first time in
about a month, and the built-in Mac developer tools don't seem to handle it
anymore. The error is "Your binutils version is too old and not supported".

I built gcc 4.6 with Fink and tried again, but now I get a series of errors
such as:

{standard input}:173:no such instruction: `vcvtsi2sd (%rdx), %xmm1,%xmm1'

Can you suggest a way to compile it? Thanks.

Laine Lee