[MEncoder-users] Drastic changes in mencoder MPEG2 edl file support?

Jim Lind spoon.vw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 05:47:17 CEST 2011

I'm attempting to duplicate the output of an mencoder build on my Mac with my Linux box.
I've got an MPEG2 file that I'm attempting to cut up.

mencoder MyTest.mpg -edl MyTest.edl -oac copy -ovc copy -of mpeg -o MyTestCut.mpeg

On the Mac I show:
MEncoder dev-SVN-r27545-4.0.1 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team

On the Linux box I show:
MPlayer SVN-r34132 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team

The video output by the older Mac release  is quite a bit larger than the Linux file.
The Mac encoded video is also synced.

Does anybody know off the top of their head if there was some drastic changes to the codebase that would affect this basic command?
I know that a lot of code, obviously, should have changed in two years, but I am hoping there is a command on the newer release that will allow me to chop video the same way the old release did.
It is possible that I have some kind of bad codecs or something on my linux box, but I'm doubtful.

Thanks.