[MEncoder-users] Audio issues with mencoder and lavc

al ansorge dad2julnken at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 02:02:38 CET 2011

Did this command work before June?  that is when I noticed sync problems similar to what you describe when encoding with LAVC (I was trying to generate MPEG2 video with AC3 audio).  I have asked a few times to this forum and no one seems to have the same issues, so I have come to suspect the distribution (I use the Packman distribution for SUSE, with updates allowed automatically).

My workaround is to capture to MPEG4 and then use DVDSTYLER to generate MPEG2.  I would sure like to get the old command working again.