[MEncoder-users] a/v desync with mencoder that doesn't happen with mplayer -dumpstream

Brion Swanson deadbeefb5 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 18:26:31 CET 2011

On 11/04/2011 11:27 PM, Bill Crockett wrote:

> On 4/11/2011 10:33 PM, Brion Swanson wrote:
>
>> -ovc copy -oac copy -vf dsize=2.35,scale=720:480
>
> Do the video filters dsize and scale now work with -ovc copy?
>
> mencoder -ovc help
Certainly doesn't seem to negatively impact the rip.  Removing this
option makes no difference.

>> I tried -mc 0 -noskip and that dies with a "Too many audio packets in
>> the buffer: (4096 in 8257536 bytes)."  If I leave off the -noskip it
>> works better but the audio and video are still off by a second or more.
>
> I was having the same problem with a video, and this fixed the audio
> delay.  The muxrate fixed Too many audio packets...  You may have to
> increase the rate.
>
> -ovc copy -oac copy -noskip -mc 0 -of mpeg -mpegopts
> format=mpeg2:muxrate=9095:tsaf
I tried this as well and it still fails with "Too many audio packets in
the buffer".  I see it auto-increases the muxrate but dies about 10% of
the way through ripping.

I appreciate the suggestions.  Any other ideas?

Brion