[MEncoder-users] -VF FIELD=0 and BFRAMES=3 problem

Bill Crockett wsc4 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Nov 4 02:15:20 CET 2011

On 3/11/2011 9:36 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le tridi 13 brumaire, an CCXX, Bill Crockett a écrit :
>> This is it:
>> REMEMBER: MEncoder's libavformat muxing is presently broken and can generate
>> INCORRECT files in the presence of B-frames. Moreover, due to bugs MPlayer
>> will play these INCORRECT files as if nothing were wrong!
>> *******************************************************************************
> Well, I guess you could have saved yourself a lot of time if you had also
> read it: here you are, the complete explanation for your problem.
>
> Regards,

Yeah, OK, OK.  I've been seeing it for ages, but it never bothered my
videos up until this one.

x264 [info]: frame B:419   Avg QP:28.00  size:  1291
x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 20.9% 61.2%  9.3%  8.7%

If I take out 419 b-frames, what detrimental affect will it have?  I
think I read somewhere that they are important for still scenes.

"MEncoder's libavformat muxing is presently broken."

Will this be fixed it the foreseeable future?

Thanks,

BC