[MEncoder-users] ac3 channel mapping

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Wed May 11 03:24:11 CEST 2011

Googled and googled but couldn't find the info or syntax for the channel
mapping:

I have ac3 audio in my input file and just want to downsample the bitrate,
essentially leave the channel mapping in place. First of all, mencoder is a
bit confused and thinks it is 2 channel but mediainfo clearly says six
channels. That aside, I let it guess the channel assignments but it clearly
gets it wrong. Mediainfo says that this is my channel assignment: Front: L C
R, Side: L R, LFE (of course, I do not know whether this is correct but
generally pretty reliable). What do I have to specify for -channels? Or do I
specify -pan? Anyhow, how do I get the channel assignment right?

--
/re*
*