[MEncoder-users] Faac v. NeroAccEnc

Steven Miller srmj.ml at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:27:31 CET 2011

I usually mux into mp4 and mkv but I have to create video for use on company desktops and their only allowed the divx codec pack and windows media player. The video i'm using is x264 with the nero audio. Any ideas why mencoder would choke on remuxing?

I've tried AVI_GUI and windows media player always skips out on the audio.

Thanks
Steve
-- Sent from my Palm Pixi
On Mar 23, 2011 6:12 PM, Grozdan <neutrino8 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Steven Miller <srmj.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps this isn't the correct forum, but here goes. Anyone who's had experience using both, have an opinon on which is better? The reason I asked is I read a blurb that said faac development has been slowing down alot.

Nero is way better than FAAC.

> I've used both and found neroAacEnc does a better job. Although mencoder refuses to mux it into an .avi with video demuxed from an mencoder encode.

Use MP4 or MKV.