[MEncoder-users] Framerate advice

larrystotler at netscape.net larrystotler at netscape.net
Tue Mar 22 17:25:06 CET 2011

-----Original Message-----

From: Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

>From your answer, I assume you do not know the pullup filter.
>Please test it with above command line on various telecined material, I believe
>it will answer many of your questions.
>(While de-interlacing always invents pictures that were not there before, the
>pullup filter should be able to output the original 24fps video, even for most
>badly cut source material.)

No I didn't.  I read about it and see the usage now.  However, still have some questions:

1.  the man pages said not to crop while using pullup.  How would I crop?  I've tried to go back and crop already encoded material, but it doesn't see to work.

2.  The movie Blue Streak has a framerate switch at 4650.4 & 4650.8 seconds(to 30, back to 24).  It happens at an explosion in the movie.  How do I account for that?  Is this what pullup is for?

I don't really plan to go back and redo everything I already have unless it's a really big change.  I use 2 pass XviD with 1

Thanx