[MEncoder-users] wmv to avi

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 15:31:45 CET 2011

Dear Andrew, dear Reimar,

Thanks very much for your replies, and sorry for not responding sooner
(I have this bad habbit of setting digest mode only for the multiple
email lists I have subscribed).

I tried both your suggestions, but I'm probably doing something wrong
(I'm a rookie btw), because the result is still the same.

My new syntax is:
mencoder blah.wmv -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1 -oac copy -vf harddup
-noskip -of avi -o /dev/null
mencoder blah.wmv -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=2:bitrate=1000 -vf
harddup -of avi -noskip -o blah.avi

(I even tried the second line with -ofps 25, same result)

Thanks very much for your patience,
Adrian