[MEncoder-users] knowhow: convert flash h264/aac video (e.g. from Youtube) to workable formats

Miroslav Rovis m.rovis at inet.hr
Tue Mar 8 13:02:47 CET 2011

On -10/01/37 20:59, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Miroslav Rovis <m.rovis <at> inet.hr> writes:
>
>> ffmpeg -i FILE.flv FILE.aac
>
> Shouldn't this be ffmpeg -i FILE.flv -acodec copy FILE.aac ?
>
>> This gives you fine FILE.aac advanced audio codec file that
>> feeds readily into MP4Box or mkvmerge. ffmpeg -i FILE.flv -vcodec
>> copy -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb -an FILE.h264 This gives you the
>> video h264 stream for MP4Box or mkvmerge. If the file is 25fps
>> then leave out "-fps 23.976" from the MP4Box and "
>> --default-duration 0:23.976fps" from mkvmerge line below. MP4Box
>> -add FILE.h264 -fps 23.976 -add FILE.aac FILE.mp4 mkvmerge -o
>> FILE.mkv --default-duration 0:23.976fps FILE.h264 FILE.aac
>
> What's wrong with ffmpeg -i FILE.flv -acodec copy -vcodec copy
> FILE.mp4 or ffmpeg -i FILE.flv -acodec copy -vcodec copy FILE.mkv
> ?
>
> Carl Eugen

I suppose nothing is wrong, Carl.
I am sorry I just couldn't reply yet. Health and freedom issues
prevent me from studying the many ways, some probably better than the
script that I posted.
I never once used my own posted method after that day, actually at
least in theory I might end up behind bars before I do so The issues
are public domain videos, a variety that neocommunist do not figure
out have no copyright law issues whatsoever and there has still not
been a way in the world to make them understand that such a variety
indeed exists even in Croatian Authorship law, whatever the
translation should sound in English and vice versa.
In short, I am condemned to jail (for the above-said variety of videos
along with some setup and fabrication), to four months worth of jail,
and I don't intend to either quit video encoding work that I pland to
do and which will comprise aple use of public domain materials, God
willing,.. but neither can I do anything at the current time, because
the despicable that hold their own nation misinformed and brainwashed
along with widespread treason against national interests plus human
right violations, sometimes grave,..
But neither can I do anything at the current time, because the
despicable structures similar to a mixture of KGB and CIA in
minuscule, will be overjoyed to set me up to go to jail for real,..
(the four months jail sentence I am condemned to is a suspended
sentence, lasting for the period of two years)...
And I am a little too often confined to bed and cannot work on
anything other than watch TV and turn from side to side... thinking
how great life still is in freedom...
Sorry for late reply, and thanks for a lot of replies.
Obviously some of the solutions might work more easily than what I posted.
God bless!
Miroslav Rovis
www.CroatiaFidelis.hr (I'll post a translation in English some times
in the coming weeks hopefullly)
www.exDeo.com (there are some pages in English, on issues different
than my anticommunist woes though)
My Youtube channel,
http://www.youtube.com/user/miroR2
not much in English, but you can see that:
http://www.youtube.com/user/miroR2#p/u/16/x4lNV8eJ39k
I didn't know any of the solutions in this Mencoder thread back
than... I should have asked...
Zagreb, Croatia
Vankina 4
+385 1 6602 633
+385 95 8211 630 (currently unavailable)