[MEncoder-users] mencoder //tv capture avi index problem

ted morris ted.morris at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 22:03:31 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> ted morris <ted.morris <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I'm using mencoder to capture live  /dev/video[x] streams tv:// with v4l2
> > and saving them as ffmpeg mpeg4, single pass files, no audio.
> >
> > They playback fine with the media player in Debian linux, and VLC in
> windows
> > ok.
> >
> > But I want to use VirtualDub and with any version I try I get this
> warjning:
>
> How do you stop mencoder?
> The index is written if the encode was cleanly finished.

Hi Carl --
Well , I thought about that but mencoder terminates on its own.
I specify the time length as in: 00:30:00, the command with desired video
codec options looks like this:

mencoder -ffourcc XVID -ovc lavc  \

            -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:mv0:trell:v4mv:vbitrate=1000:aspect=4/3 \

            -nosound -endpos 00:30:00 \

            -tv
driver=v4l2:norm=ntsc:input=2:device=/dev/video0:width=640:height=480:fps=10
\

            -quiet \

            -o recordedvideo.avi tv://

Is something not right here?