[MEncoder-users] Puzzle - Frame skipping and audio

Joseph Eoff joseph.eoff at molear.de
Wed Jun 8 20:43:38 CEST 2011

Hi.
Thanks for the offer.
I'm afraid it wouldn't do much good, though.  There are literally frames
missing from the captured video, so that a conversion wouldn't be able
to change things.

It seems to me that something in the settings I use causes problems when
capturing - but only when capturing with a specific sound card.  If I
leave the sound source as the default, it works fine.  If I monkey
around my system and force the sound card from the digitizer to be the
default, then that works fine, too.  I just can't use the system that
way because the digitizer only has inputs and isn't connected all the
time anyway.

What I'd really like is to understand why I get skips when I specify
which sound card to capture from.  I don't know if I'm doing something
wrong or if there's something wrong with my system or if there's bug in
mencoder.

Joseph