[MEncoder-users] Fresh Build Recommendations, Scripts for Mac OS X and iDevice users

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 16 05:00:58 CEST 2011

I updated some instructions for building MPlayer and MEncoder as well as
ffmpeg for Mac OS X Snow Leopard users. I'll be testing with Lion soon, I
hope, but I didn't want to wait to update this. I've moved most of my online
content because of the retirement of a venerable old server, but I wanted to
share the fact that I've overhauled some of my hosted info to include
iDevices and such. It's a lot more manageable than before also, the main
possible trade-off being that it now requires Snow Leopard exclusively. I
didn't include Lame in these instructions, either, but I think a lot of
common functionality is provided. I mentioned this before briefly, but
imagine, for example, being able to play an iPhone 4 HD movie through the
Apple component video adapter into the Hauppauge HD-PVR, then to drop the
exported full quality stream file exported from EyeTV onto an AppleScript
applet that uses MEncoder to convert it to a video file you can sync to your
iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch using iTunes whenever you like. Now imagine that
the quality of the converted file is practically indistinguishable from the
original, even when played on an HD screen, complete with the preservation
of 24 fps for film titles.

https://sites.google.com/site/llee040/Home/hdtv_to_dvd/

Laine Lee