[MEncoder-users] Nvidia Cuda or ATI Avivo Support

Jeff Howard jeffhoward001 at netscape.net
Tue Jan 4 21:52:07 CET 2011

I didn't see a good way to search the archives, so apologies if this has
already been addressed.  Is there any plans in the works for mencoder to
support Nvidia CUDA acceleration or ATI Avivo acceleration?  My
understanding is that they both roughly do the same thing.  It currently
takes me almost 8 hrs to encode an average 720p HD stream from MPEG2 ->
H.264, and my understanding is that you can cut that time by 50% or more
with CUDA/Avivo enabled encoders.

Thanks,

- Jeff