[MEncoder-users] MPlayer and MEncoder problem with a 2 second clip

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 13 01:42:50 CET 2011

On 12/12/11 6:06 PM, "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> L. Lee <llee040 <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> After compiling and installing the current SVN for mplayer-devel (r34441) the
>> problem with skipped frames leading to jerky playback went away.
>
> Thank your for confirming that this has been fixed.
>
> For future reports:
> Please always test latest svn before reporting a problem (it is the only
> supported MPlayer version) and please always provide complete, uncut MPlayer
> console output (this would have saved you and the developers some time).
>
> Carl Eugen

Thanks, uh, I guess I should make it clear that I realize now that I didn't
really install mplayer-devel. I just built a fresh copy of mplayer source
downloaded into a folder on my hard drive called "mplayer-devel". I was
seriously thinking I had done something cool at first. Now I'm just trying
to laugh at myself, but it's hard, because I'm embarrassed. I would still be
interested in learning how to install mplayer-devel, though, if it's not too
much trouble to explain. Anyway, thanks again.

Laine Lee