[MEncoder-users] Reencoding mjpeg from Pana TZ10/SZ7 offsets sound from video

Marc MERLIN marc_mplayer at merlins.org
Mon Aug 29 00:58:16 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 12:36:01AM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > The OSD timing is off, it outputs a lot of crap on the console (I cut out the
> > rest), but A/V sync is ok now, thanks.
>
> That issue is fixed in FFmpeg since Friday night.
> I do not know what Ubuntu MPlayer nightlies build against though.

So, http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html links to
https://launchpad.net/~motumedia/+archive/mplayer-daily

As a result, I got something more recent with
add-apt-repository ppa:motumedia/mplayer-daily
but maybe not 'friday night'

I had no idea that my problem got fixed between when I sent my Email, and
now. Thanks for that.

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 12:40:03AM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> You could add:
> [extension.MTS]
> demuxer=lavf

Thanks.

> Otherwise, the default demuxer works mostly ok with "-mc 100",
> though it ends up with being off about a constant 100 ms...

Confirmed, that mostly works too and without the console spam.

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 10:44:26PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > I got the nightly then.
>
> What does that mean?
> (The reason I ask is that the file plays fine for me - no console spam - and I
> suspect you have an intentionally broken version that only claims to be MPlayer.
> I recommend downloading and building from svn yourself.)

I'll do that next if I have to. I'm hopeful it's better than when I last had
to do this, about 10 years ago, and spent hours on it :)

I also assumed that the debs linked off the official website were ok, but as
you point out, maybe not.

> > I take it I need to override the demuxer in some config file somewhere so that
> > the right one is picked for those MTS files?
>
> There are (many) files that play better with the native mpegts demuxer, but this
> is not true for your sample unfortunately.

Fair enough, thanks both for the info and the help.

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/