[MEncoder-users] Reencoding mjpeg from Pana TZ10/SZ7 offsets sound from video

Marc MERLIN marc_mplayer at merlins.org
Sun Aug 28 23:50:05 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 06:33:47PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Marc MERLIN <marc_mplayer <at> merlins.org> writes:
>
> > I have my Panasonic TZ10 record videos as MJPEG since
>
> > mplayer does not deal well with the H264 video that the camera creates.
>
> Could you point us to such a sample? That sounds important.

Sure:
http://marc.merlins.org/tmp/vid/00001.MTS

> > MEncoder 1.0rc4-4.4.5 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
>
> That's old.

Ok, I now have SVN-r33713-4.6.1 from unreleased ubuntu oneiric
nd how about that, I had upgraded twice in the past and it did not help,
but this time it did.

> > vf="-vf kerndeint"
>
> It is very unlikely that this is what you want:
> yadif is the best de-interlacer, all others only exist for historic reasons.

Just changed it, thanks.

Let me know if the video up there is useful. Symptom is that Audio and Video
are very visibly out of sync and video is playing too fast.

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/