[MEncoder-users] Frames per Second

Fatima Hussain fatima.ohussain at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 17:11:49 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to use Mencoder to merge jpeg images which I am capturing
through Java Robot class. I do not know the exact frames per second rate for
the image capture,
but it seems to be about 1.5 to 2 frames per second on average.

I later merge the silent video with audio.

I was using these commands initially:

a) $MENCODER_LOCATION "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=2 -o $silentmovie -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2:vbitrate=800

This creates a silent movie without sound which i then merge with audio:

b) $MENCODER_LOCATION $silentmovie -o $soundmovie -ovc copy -oac pcm
-audiofile output.wav >/dev/null

However, it seems that output frames per second rate in the silent video is
much faster that 2 frames per second, due to which the video becomes shorter
and the audio becomes out of sync.

I also tried the following instead of a.

$MENCODER_LOCATION "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=2 -o $silentmovie -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2:vbitrate=800 harddup -ofps=2

But the frames per second rate still seem very fast.

I would highly appreciate any help in this regard.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Fatima