[MEncoder-users] Mencoder + mp4box + PSP + h264. Help Needed

Igor igor.yavych at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 09:50:27 CEST 2011

So let's see. I've been using converter called Format Factory to convert
my mkv files with subtitles to psp/ipod and so on compatible mp4. FF
2.45(one i'm currently using) have pretty old mencoder
(r29352(20090610-gcc-4.3.3)). FF used passing next lines to mencoder and
mp4box  to make psp compatible mp4:
http://pastebin.com/wLsjMNAi
If I pass these lines to newly compiled mencoder (r33951(20110804)) i will
get mp4 which can be played on pc and ipod, but showed as unsupported data
on psp.
Here is media info on created mp4:
File using old mencoder -> http://pastebin.com/i7Zj8Kp7
File using new mencoder -> http://pastebin.com/4x7W9mAB
Now is question itself, why is this happening? Why newer mencoder produces
mp4 which is shown as unsupported on psp? Is this bug/problem with
mencoder or libx264 or is this supposed to be this way? Can this be
bypassed somehow to make psp compatible mp4 with these same settings? I
hope you can help me. Thanks in advance