[MEncoder-users] Rotate video problem.

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Sun Sep 26 02:15:30 CEST 2010

On 09/25/2010 02:16 AM, vikas khairnar wrote:

> Hello Friends,
>
>         I am new to mencoder, rotating .flv video using it  but I have
> one problem to rotate video after rotating video resulting video is to
> small
>
> If I have upload 14 sec. video resulting video is only of 2 seconds
> and speed is very fast.
>
>          This is my command.
>
>                    $call = "/usr/local/bin/mencoder $infile -vf
> rotate=1 -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv -o $infile -of lavf
> -lavfopts format=flv";
> 		   $exec = shell_exec($call);
> 		   return $exec;
>
> Can you please suggest me what to do?

I'm no longer anything like an expert on these matters, but at a quick
glance, I would guess it might be being caused by the fact that you're
overwriting the input file with the output; depending on how the
filesystem handles that, it could result in truncating the input as soon
as any output is ready, which would mean that the encoding process would
stop because it doesn't have any input anymore.

In other words: try outputting to a different filename (perhaps
'$infile-rotated' or something like that), and see if the problem goes
away.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.