[MEncoder-users] Encoding h264 mov 50 fps to flv - loosing of frames and seconds

Raffaele Gambelli rgambelli at gecod.com
Mon Sep 13 16:21:33 CEST 2010

> Maybe start with trying a recent, not this one which is more than a
> year old, version.
> Use mediainfo on the original and the converted file, to check how
> many frames each have, from that maybe one can find the reason what is
> going wrong.

Sorry but I believe that I'm using the last stable version.
I tried also to download the last mplayer from website, and it contains
the same version of mencoder, that is rc3 4.4.3

Anyway, to be sure,  which is the last version of mencoder?

I've found another video (mov), 25 fps, that when I convert it into flv,
using the same parameters that the other in my previous post, I have
different skipping frames, I loose 6 seconds on one minute video....

Thanks again, best regards

Il 03/09/2010 09:32, belcampo ha scritto:
> [...]
>>
>> Here there are input video characteristics, and then my command line
>> statement:
>>
>> Format : MPEG-4
>> Format profile : QuickTime
>> Codec ID : qt
>> File size : 91.0 MiB
>> Duration :*3mn 53s *
>> Overall bit rate : 3 269 Kbps
>> Writing library : Apple QuickTime
>>
>> *Video*
>> ID                               : 2
>> Format                           : *AVC*
>> Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
>> Format profile                   : Main at L2.1
>> Format settings, CABAC           : No
>> Format settings, ReFrames        : 2 frames
>> Codec ID                         : avc1
>> Codec ID/Info                    : Advanced Video Coding
>> Duration                         : 3mn 53s
>> Bit rate mode                    : Variable
>> Bit rate                         : 1 853 Kbps
>> Width                            : 512 pixels
>> Height                           : 288 pixels
>> Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
>> Frame rate mode                  : Constant
>> Frame rate                       : *50.000 fps*
>> Color space                      : YUV
>> Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
>> Bit depth                        : 8 bits
>>
>> *Audio*
>> ID                               : 1
>> Format                           : PCM
>> Format settings, Endianness      : Little
>> Format settings, Sign            : Signed
>> Codec ID                         : sowt
>> Duration                         : 3mn 53s
>> Bit rate mode                    : Constant
>> Bit rate                         : 1 411.2 Kbps
>> Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
>> Sampling rate                    : 44.1 KHz
>> Bit depth                        : 16 bits
>> Stream size                      : 39.3 MiB (43%)
>> Language                         : English
>>
>> */usr/bin/mencoder* /test/test02_h264.mov -o
>> /tmp/no_meta_lXYcUz_test02_h264.mov.flv -of lavf -vf
>> scale=0:0,expand=0:0 -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -srate 22050
>> -ovc lavc -lavcopts
>> vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3
>>
>> The resulting video is 3.30 rather than 3.53 and in fact, this
>> difference is really visible and ugly when playing video.
>>
>> My mencoder version is *SVN-r1.0~rc3+svn20090426-4.4.3* and I'm
>> running on Ubuntu 10.04
> Maybe start with trying a recent, not this one which is more than a
> year old, version.
> Use mediainfo on the original and the converted file, to check how
> many frames each have, from that maybe one can find the reason what is
> going wrong.
>>
>> I would like to receive some hints about flv generation of these
>> kinds of video.
>> *Consider that I tried with many others h264 video and they always
>> worked fine*, the only difference is the fps, all these successfully
>> converted video have less than 30 fps while the above described video

Raffaele Gambelli

_*Gecod s.r.l.*_ <http://www.gecod.com/it/web/menu/contatti/contatti.do>

/Development Area/

phone: +39 051 4075795

fax: +39 051.9525291

e-mail: _rgambelli at gecod.com_ <mailto:rgambelli at gecod.com>

web: _www.gecod.com_ <http://www.gecod.com/>

skype-id: _rgambelli.gecod_ <skype:rgambelli.gecod?add>

/Gecod s.r.l. - Tutti i diritti riservati./

/Il presente messaggio e i documenti allegati possono contenere
informazioni di carattere confidenziale o riservato. Qualora non foste i
destinatari, vogliate immediatamente informarci via e-mail ed eliminare
il messaggio, con gli eventuali allegati senza trattenerne copia./

/Gecod s.r.l. - All rights reserved./

/This message and the enclosed documents may contain information which
is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message and any attachments without retaining a copy./