[MEncoder-users] -x264encopts is not an MEncoder option

Albert Scholtalbers compuvision.sr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 17:17:28 CEST 2010

> Does the configure indicate that it supports x264? If not, can it find the
> x264 library? If not, try getting it via synaptics including the
> development
> libraries?
>
> Aha, I get what you mean. I have checked the configure of mplayer and it is
the same as another machine that is working with x264. When I start
./configure in ./mplayer I get the message
Checking for x264 ... no (in libavcodec: no)

So although I have installed it it seems Mplayer don't see it........ and I
followed the instructions here
http://linuxsysadminblog.com/2009/01/compile-mplayermencoder-with-xvid-and-h264-codec-support/